I didn’t think I had anything to do for Maw Books Blog’s Bloggiesta! this weekend. I’m mostly caught up with my reviews this week. But I do have some blog projects and tweaking that I haven’t finished. I’m also totally behind on reading. (Yes, I know that doesn’t “count.”)
I spent three hours Friday night finishing The Forsyte Saga. I know that doesn’t count for the Bloggiesta!, but I didn’t do the Read-a-thon(s) so I felt the craving to just sit and read for hours. I didn’t start until 9 or 10 and so it was 1 am when I finished it. The point is, now I don’t feel bad if I spend Saturday blogging. That book (which was 900 pages) has been haunting me for weeks. Now I only have The Arabian Nights and The Clash of Civilizations haunting me still.
Anyway, since I am still awake at 1 a.m., not feeling sleepy at all, I started doing some Bloggiesta! things and I’m planning to do more. Here’s what I plan on doing by Sunday. (Don’t worry; they won’t all post by Sunday.)
- Write reviews
- The Forsyte Saga (in progress)
- The children’s books sitting on my table
- The New Lifetime Reading Plan (I’ve only read the parts about books I’ve read, but I’m still going to share thoughts about it now)
- Is there anything else sitting around?
- My Challenges/Pages on Rebecca Reads
- Review progress and add links as necessary for various “lists”
- Add pages for TBR lists (which has been in progress for months)
- Add those pages I’ve been planning on adding
- Is there anything else I’m forgetting?
- Comment on ten new blogs
- Update Google Reader
- I haven’t read through them all yet, but I’ll do what I can.
- Add some of the regularly used images (like library loot) to the wordpress gallery so I don’t have to keep adding them.
- Edit tags: they are a mess!
- Review categories that all is in order
What are you doing for your blog this weekend?