Book Blogger Appreciation Week is underway! Today we’re asked what blogs weren’t nominated that should have been. I’m only a new book blogger myself, so I know I miss a lot of great blogs. All of those that I’m subscribed to are in my far right sidebar. (I hope I haven’t missed any? It’s been a few weeks since I’ve updated it, and I don’t have time right now to do so.)
Here are some book bloggers that I really think should be recognized: I always appreciate what they have to say.
- Rose City Reader always has insightful posts. As a self-proclaimed “compulsive list-reader,” she stills reads deeply and writes insightful reviews.
- Blacklin’s Reading Room has some of the best writing and most interesting book reviews, as well as links to interesting websites. I learn about history just reading the blog!
- 5-Squared is a group blog, which means there are a variety of book reviews by a number of different people. I really enjoy the variety of reviews.
- Sophisticated Dorkiness has lots of great thoughts about reading. She’s a new blogger, like I am, and I think she should be voted Best New Book Blogger, because I’m excited to see her blog grow (even in the midst of grad school!).
- The Aremenian Odar Reads certainly reads an interesting mix books. I enjoy reading her posts.
- In my mind, A Striped Armchair reads the most eclectic mix of books: fiction, non-fiction, stories, etc. I enjoy reading her reviews.
Those are just the first six in my “favorites” folder in Google Reader. There are a dozen more book blogs in there, but I really don’t have time to write a paragraph about each of them right now. I’m sorry, folks! I love your blogs! Maybe I’ll get to them in another post this week.
P.S. This is my 100th post! On to the next 100!