Update: Contest closed.
I have been trying to figure out what I can do to celebrate Halloween on this blog, since I don’t often read horror novels or stories. Well, Hachette Book Group USA has solved that for me. They’ve offered me some boxes full of books for USA readers of Rebecca Reads. These are their “spookiest” books in honor of Halloween.
To add some fun for the non-USA readers, I’m also giving away one copy of Dracula by Bram Stoker to a non-USA resident.
USA Contest: Spooktacular Hachette Book Group Giveaway
Hachette’s box of books is only open to a USA address, no P.O. Boxes accepted. The winner will receive a box of all of these books:
- THE HERETIC’S DAUGHTER By Kathleen Kent $24.99, 0316024481 Also available as an audiobook
- ISOLATION By Travis Thrasher $13.99, 0446505544
- THE 13 BEST HORROR STORIES OF ALL TIME By Leslie Pockell $21.99, 9780446679503
- THE MONSTERS: Mary Shelley and the Curse of Frankenstein By Dorothy Hoobler , Thomas Hoobler $14.99, 9780316066402
- THE MYRTLES PLANTATION: The True Story of America’s Most Haunted House By Frances Kermeen $7.99, 9780446614153
- GHOSTLY ENCOUNTERS: True Stories of America’s Haunted Inns and Hotels By Frances Kermeen $7.99, 9780446611459
- THE TERROR By Dan Simmons $14.99, 9780316017459 Also available as an audiobook
- DRACULA By Bram Stoker $10.99, 0316014818 Also available as an audiobook
- WHEN GHOSTS SPEAK: Understanding the World of Earthbound Spirits By Mary Ann Winkowski $24.99, 9780446581189
- THE HISTORIAN By Elizabeth Kostova $9.99, 9780316067942 Also available as an audiobook
I’ll select one winner for every ten entries, up to five winners.
Non-USA Contest: Dracula by Bram Stoker
Since I was recently out of the USA for more than a year, I know what it’s like to miss out on giveaways like Hachette’s! I really can’t send you all ten books out of my own pocket, but I do want to offer you something.
When I look at the list, the book I most want to read is Dracula by Bram Stoker. I’ve decided to send a lucky non-USA resident a copy of that book, from Rebecca Reads to you.
To enter, leave a comment indicating which contest you’re in (Hatchette USA or Dracula non-USA). That’s really all you need to do right now.
But you know what I really want you to do? Find another post on Rebecca Reads and leave a comment.
For the rest of October, I’ll donate 10 cents to World Food Programme for every (non-spam) comment I receive on any post of Rebecca Reads. See most post on Blog Action Day 2008 here. I’m also donating any proceeds from my Amazon Store. Spread the word: more people will visit Rebecca Reads, comment, and thereby I’ll donate more to the World Food Programme.
The deadline for this contest is Friday, October 24, 2008, 11:59 p.m. CDT. Winners will be selected via random.org and announced on Saturday, October 25, 2008 on Rebecca Reads.